Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Mommy, come lay with me..."

Today, as I was putting Colin down for a nap he kept pleading with me to lay in his bed while he was falling asleep. Admittedly, nap-time is one of my favorite times of the day, I can get something done (like laundry or the dishes) or I can sit in silence by myself and space out. Today though, for some reason, I was moved to stay with Colin and actually lay with him while he fell asleep. During this time, it occurred to me how few chances I would get to just lay quietly and cuddle with my first born. All of the tasks on my to do list were looming and our house was a mess from a morning play date. BUT...I just took the time and laid there. I actually felt myself relax a little and every 5 minutes or so, Colin would look at me and say "Hi Mama." I was reminded of some quote I have seen a million times, but never taken to heart "The best moms have dirty dishes, sticky floors and happy children" I have no idea who said it, but I understood it today!

I don't want to forget that feeling and I know that he won't always want me that close to him. So, I am going to try to remember to be patient with my boys and take those precious moments and not worry about my to do list!

And now, some gratuitous cuteness....



No comments: