Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tomorrow!!

As I think most people who would read this blog have heard....tomorrow is officially my last day of paid employment. I am embarking on a new career as a stay at home mom. I am SO excited about my "new" role but I will admit that I am also feeling a little sad. I honestly never really thought I would have the sad feelings, but in reflection, I think that like with any major life change a little part of you gets "stored away."



I cannot wait to spend more time with Colin and to come up with new activities for us to do. I am also excited to be able to take care of things around the house to attempt for more quality time as a family on the weekends!

I am SO thankful that this is a possibility for us and I am promising myself not to take it for granted. I mean, how could I take this cute little face for granted?!

5 comments:

thekettrickfive said...

It will be quite a change, no doubt. You will love it, and remember to keep one for you. Don't feel guilty about it either! Congrats!

The Lybbert Family said...

I am so excited for you! After being a stay-at-home Mom, I wonder how people actually do things when they work. Haha. Not boring at all. We should get together sometime for a play date. Colin is so cute! Enjoy every moment you get with him.

kwilsonx said...

What a courageous decision you have made. It is a joy to see what a great mom you have become. It may not be clear now but you will be rewarded in a way you never would be in your career. Colin is very fortunate to have a mom like you. It's going to be fun! Love, Dad.

Julia Jo said...

Sooooo happy for you and the Sullivan clan, Brooke. Totally normal to be sad about work- you are good at it, have lots of friends there, and it's been your routine for over 7 years. Give yourself some time to get use to the change- no need to be Super Mom Right away! (and please- you'll never be a STAY at home mom- you are too much of a mover an shaker!)

amy b.s. said...

so excited for you brooke! i hope to be able to do that some day too. assuming there are kids in that some day!